Start by anchoring your resistance band to a height about the top of a doorframe. Start by standing sideways from the anchor and place your feet wider than hip width apart. Hold the band in both hands keeping your arms straight, and shift your weight towards the side of the anchor holding the band about shoulder height. Engage your core, and move your arms, shoulders and torso as one unit across your body twisting down and away from the anchor keeping your chest up. As you are twisting, shift your weight to the opposite side. Hold for suggested time and then slowly return to starting position and perform suggested reps.
What muscle(s) this exercise is for?
- Core (Transverse Abdominis, and Obliques)
- Arms (Biceps and Triceps)
- Legs (Quads, Glutes, Hamstrings)
Why is this exercise important?
- Increases core stability and improves tolerance to rotational movements decreasing back pain.
You should NOT do this if…
- Do not perform this exercise if you have pain.