Robbins Nation! For those of you that have any immune-compromising conditions and are still in need of physical therapy care we do have an answer for you! Telehealth (Telerehab) is now approved for physical therapists. We recognize that Telehealth is not the same as in-person physical therapy, but it is a great way to help you recover from your injury while you are away from the office. If you have any questions about this, please contact our main office number at 610-841-3555 OR click HERE to fill out our Telehealth Application and a member of our team will reach out to you!
Here is how Telehealth works…
- Each session will last about 30 minutes-60 minutes depending on your specific insurance’s regulations. During the session we will get an update on your condition and progress your program just like in a normal PT session. We will have you go through your exercises with 1-on-1 instruction and correction if needed.
- The treatment will be conducted using video conferencing. This can take many forms, but this is explained in detail below.
- We encourage you to call our main number 610-841-3555 to check coverage and out of pocket costs for your specific insurance company.
- We require that we use a HIPAA compliant software. All of our therapists currently use Zoom with a password protected conference. Don’t have Zoom? Click on this link to learn how to get started: How to Use Zoom
- All of the paperwork required for our Telehealth Appointments can be found on our website. Visit www.robbinsptwest.com/patient-info-forms/ ….All of our paperwork is HIPAA compliant through PDFFiller.com and once completed is directly submitted to our Telehealth Therapist.
Ready to sign up? Click Here or continue to read our FAQ’s…….
1. Will my insurance pay for these treatments?
Currently many insurances have approved Telehealth, however some insurances work differently than others. Please call 610-841-3555 to check specific details regarding your insurance.
2. Can I do the visit my phone? Tablet? Computer?
Yes. Pick any device you feel most comfortable with.
3. Will I need equipment to do my treatment at home?
Most of our sessions do not require lots of equipment. We can modify treatments based on what you have available in your home.
If you need equipment we have the following available for sale in office that we meet you out front to drop off:
- Single lacrosse ball: $5
- Double lacrosse ball: $15
- Any color band with handles: One for $19 or all 3 for $50
- Swiss (exercise) balls: Either size for $18
- Blood pressure cuff Stabilizer: $25
- Foam Roller: $20
4. Can I do an Initial Evaluation (first treatment) at home?
Yes, but only certain insurances allow this. Please call 610-841-3555 to confirm whether your insurance is on the list.
5. How do I know if I should be doing this or if I qualify? What conditions does this apply to?
This is for all of our patients and includes all outpatient orthopedic physical therapy conditions.
6. Can I still get a print out of exercises I am supposed to be doing at home for the days I don’t see my therapist?
Yes, as long as we have your email we can put it into our system and it will automatically be emailed out to you.
7. Does it have to be a video call or can it just be a phone call?
It does have to be a video call or we are not able to watch you with your exercises which is a must to ensure proper treatment. We also want to make sure that you are not doing things that could negatively affect your movement.
8. You normally put hands on me/do manual therapy. How is this going to be accomplished?
This is where having a lacrosse ball or double lacrosse ball can become very important or objects that are similar to be able to show you how to do some self soft tissue work. It can be quite effective to use and there are certain mobilizations that can be done as well. Different stretches will be used to get into a specific range of motions that are limited as well.
9. How will you be able to teach me new exercises without actually being there?
Just like at therapy we will use certain cues that we normally use in the office to help you better understand the exercises. Since it is a video we are able to monitor your movements and demonstrate the movements for you before you actually do them. We will work together with you to ensure exercises are performed appropriately, and if you are having difficulty completing an exercise we can modify it to your needs.